Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Future Is Unwritten

So, I finally got a chance to see this documentary on Joe Strummer yesterday, and I still am torn as to whether it was good or not. But, I digress and offer some background. 

It is truly interesting that after Ron Asheton's recent untimely death, Joe Strummer's pops back into my life at roughly the same time. You see, Strummer was a huge inspiration to me as well and informed a great deal of what I made musically for a time. His voice always sounded hopeful and still does whenever I hear it.

Anyway, this documentary was pretty interesting. I think I would have liked to have seen or heard more from his later days with the Mescaleros, but otherwise it was enjoyable. If you get the chance, check it out, particularly if you are a fan of the Clash or Strummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment