Saturday, August 28, 2010

Iggy & The Stooges Recap











































This show was pretty much everything that I had hoped for from my first live experience with Iggy & the Stooges. Iggy's voice took a bit to warm up, but once it did, he sounded great; and he was bouncing around all over the place right from the get go.


























James Williamson played well as did Scott Asheton and Mike Watt (who seemed to have hurt his leg with a splint of some sort limiting his mobility).


























Steve McKay added some great flourishes on the sax and some other instrumentation.















































The set list was brilliant, though I wish they would have played "Cock In My Pocket" and "Kill City" (which was on the set list to be played but was not.

It really was a fun night.

Here's the set list:

Raw Power
Search And Destroy
Gimme Danger
Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
Shake Appeal
1970
L.A Blues
Night Theme
Beyond The Law
I Got a Right
I Wanna Be Your Dog
I Need Somebody
Penetration
Death Trip
Open Up And Bleed
Encore:
Funhouse
Johanna
No Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment